Do you know why we celebrate Independence Day in India? It is the holistic day when Indian citizens got their independence from British rule. Another question that came into an individual’s mind is, when is India Independence Day celebrated? This day is celebrated every year in India on the 15th of August. It was the time in 1947 when Indian Independence Act was declared. After this act, India and Pakistan were established as separate countries. This was not under the control and rule of British imperialists.
How do Indians celebrate Independence Day in India?
- On this day, Indian citizens feel gratitude for their nation.
- They love to wear nice clothing and fly kites with their relatives and friends.
- It is the day when people used to engage in flag-raising ceremonies.
- Indians prepare and sing the national anthem of the country and enjoy the moment with their family and friends.
- The state capitals organize various cultural programs and functions to celebrate august 15 Independence Day in an effective manner.
Also Read: Remembering the Queen: Elizabeth II’s visits to India
Wishes for Independence Day
If you are looking for some unique quotes to wish your loved ones on this special day then we are here to present the same free of cost. Go through the following quotes and forward as many of the wishes to your relatives and friends without paying a single penny.
- Independence Day of India is a complete proud moment and joy for Indian citizens. We should not forget the loss and achievement of this day. Happy Independence Day everyone.
- 15th August is celebrated as the glory of freedom. Let us fly the kite together and enjoy this special day to the fullest. Happy Independence Day.
- 1947 was truly a joy for our nation as it is declared India’s Independence Year. Let us celebrate it together and feel proud to be Indian.
- Let us recall our National Heroes on august 15 Independence Day, and make them proud by flying the kites and singing India’s national anthem together. Happy Independence Day to all.
- 15th August is the day when Indians come together and give respect to their beautiful country. Our Heroes have suffered and done a lot to make our country from the Britishers. Let us celebrate this special day together.
- My wishes on this Independence Day for you and your family. Enjoy and celebrate this day.
Also Read: COMPLETE INFORMATION AND HOW ZAMINDARI, RYOTWARI, AND MAHALWARI LAND REVENUE SYSTEMS IN BRITISH INDIA ARE DIFFERENT
Which is the Largest, Second Largest, and Smallest State in India?
When is India Independence Day 2023
On 15th August 2023, India is going to complete 76 years of its independence. On this day, in the year 1947, Indians achieved their independence from the British rulers. Yes, it was a tough struggle journey in which many freedom fighters lost their lives to save India and the Indian people. On 15th August, the citizens of India give respect and honor to freedom fighters, remember the history, culture, and achievements of the country. This was the time when the people of India started of new beginning without following the rules of the Britishers.
Let us briefly about the history of Independence Day 2023
The initialization of the independence movement was started during the period of the first world war. This was initiated by Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi. On 4th July 1947, Indian Independence Bill was passed in the British House of Commons. This was the time when Indians were marked to be free from British rule. It is almost 200 years since the Britishers had their place in India, but everything changed on 15th August 1947.
Who played a prominent role in making India free from the Britishers?
Many leaders have struggled and given their efforts in making India free from British rule. The prominent leader’s names are Mahatma Gandhi, Chandra Shekhar Azad, Jawaharlal Nehru, Bhagat Singh, Subhash Chandra Bose, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, and the list goes on.
What is the significance of India Independence Day?
- 15th August is declared a national holiday in India. On this day, every Indian citizen remembers the sacrifices and efforts of freedom fighters for making our country free from the Britishers.
- On this day, India created a historic moment in which various events of retaliation and efforts of freedom fighters’ history is been written. It was declared that the Britishers were asked to free India. Lord Mountbatten who was the Viceroy of India at that duration of time was forced to free India from their colonial rules and regulations on 15th August 1947.
- Another historic moment that was marked on the same day was India being separated into two countries, namely, India and Pakistan.
Now, you must be aware of the query of when is India Independence Day celebrated. On this day, people show their love and affection for their country by hoisting the tricolor Flag followed by various cultural events and programs. Indians love to sing their nation’s patriotic songs and enjoy every moment. When India got freedom from the Britishers on 15th August 1947, Jawaharlal Nehru was declared the first prime minister of India. He raised the national flag in Delhi which became the Indian tradition to be followed by every prime minister.