India is the second crowded country situated in South Asia. Indian citizens need to know which is the largest state in India in terms of area? As per the area, Rajasthan is India’s largest state which is approximately 3.42 lakh square km area. In India, you must be aware that there are 28 states and 8 union territories. India holds the seventh position by area as the largest country in the world. Some other states which come after Rajasthan are Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, and Uttar Pradesh.
Know more about the Biggest State in India as per Area – Rajasthan
- Rajasthan is the largest and biggest state in India whose capital is “Jaipur.”
- The state is known as the largest as per its area and is located in the west of India on the border with another country in South Asia which is Pakistan.
- As per the records in 2011, the total number of populations of the biggest State in India, Rajasthan is 68,548,437.
- Rajasthan has a good literacy rate of 66.11%.
- People visit this place to see the Thar desert and Jaisalmer which is located in heart of this desert.
- Rajasthan is known for crops like barley, mustard, coriander, guar, pearl millet, and fenugreek.
- The Lok Sabha seats and the number of districts in this largest state of India are 25 and 33 respectively.
Name of the Largest State of India as per Population?
As per the State Census 2011, if we analyze the numbers as per population then Uttar Pradesh is declared as the highly populated state in India. As per the records, Uttar Pradesh’s population is around 19.96 crores which is stated per the State Census 2011.
Know more about the Largest State of India by Population- Uttar Pradesh
- The capital of Uttar Pradesh is, “Lucknow.”
- The state consists of 18 divisions all-inclusive of 75 districts.
- This largest population state area coverage is 240,928 km2 (93,023 sq mi). The state area is equal to 7.34% of the entire area of India.
- If we analyze the state as per its area then it holds the fourth position.
- Because it has the largest population and fourth largest area state in India. It shares the borders with Bihar, and Madhya Pradesh towards the east and south respectively.
- Uttar Pradesh touches other states like Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh to the southeast Rajasthan to the west, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, and Delhi to the northwest. Uttarakhand and an international border with a Landlocked country in South Asia, Nepal to the north.
- The largest number of metropolitan cities in India is in Uttar Pradesh.
- Uttar Pradesh is the well-known state for largest sugarcane-production in India. As per the reports available in 2013-2014, the state has about 38.61% share in sugarcane production.
- Also, it is the largest state known for the production of wheat. Thus, the state is responsible for contributing a large amount to the economy because of the production of wheat and sugar in agriculture.
Also Read: Invention and History of St Patrick’s Day 2023
Which is the Second Largest State in India?
- If we see the reports by area then the second largest state in India is, “Madhya Pradesh.” It covers an area of 308,252 km2 while the number of populations is 72,626,809.
- MP is the state situated in central India is the fifth largest state by population in India.
- The capital of this second-largest state is Bhopal.
- State bird and animal of Madhya Pradesh are the Indian paradise flycatcher and Barasingha respectively.
- Indian citizens know Madhya Pradesh as the name of the “Tiger state of India.”
Name of the Largest Union Territory of India – Jammu, and Kashmir
J & K is known as the largest union territory of India. It covers a huge area of 125,535 km2 and holds the first position in India. After Jammu and Kashmir, the second largest union territory in India is Ladakh which has an area of 96701. After Ladakh, Andaman & Nicobar carries the third position with a coverage area of 8249. Earlier, Andaman and Nicobar was the largest known territory as per records before 31st October 2019.
Also Read: How to determine – Happiest Country in The World?
Which is the Smallest State in India?
As of now, everyone is aware of which is the largest state of India. But, very few of us know which is the smallest state in India.
- Based on state area, Goa is known as the smallest state in India whose capital is Panji. Goa consists of a total area of 3,702 square kilometres and is located on the west coast of the Arabian sea.
- As per the population number, this state ranks in the fourth position. Do you know which is the largest city in Goa, it is none other than Vasco da Gama.
- Many citizens love to travel to this place and hence it is known as the main attraction for tourism.
- The major petition of this state is related to indo-western cultures like flowers, beaches, environment, churches, world heritage architecture, and much more.
As per the State Census 2011, do you know which is the smallest state per population? Sikkim is known as the least populated state in India which have 6,07,688 populations.