In the United States and different countries which are developed, do you know which is the leading health threat for pets? The answer is, “Pet Obesity.” Such problems are easy to prevent by following simple steps. Nowadays, you can see many overweight cats instead of lean cats. Because of overweight cats, it is difficult for their owners to identify if the pet is leading on extra pounds. Obesity is not at all harmful but it can develop various diseases which can affect a pet’s life expectancy. In this article, we will know the complete information on “How Heavy Should My Cat Be,” “average weight of 1 year old car in kg,” and similar queries asked by pet owners.
Try to Maintain Your Pet’s Weight to Make Them Free from Diseases
It recommends maintaining the healthy weight of your pet so that it will be free from harmful diseases. If your pet is overweight then there are chances that the following problems can affect your pet.
- As per scientific studies, it is found that overweight cats feel extra stress and pain in their body.
- There are chances that such pets will suffer from diabetes mellitus, high blood pressure, kidney problems, arthritis, and much more.
- The life span of obese cats is lesser than that of lean pets.
· Another major problem seen in such obese cats is hyperthyroidism.
Therefore, it is advised to maintain the health of your pet and make them live a healthy life. This way they can live for a longer period without suffering from any diseases.
Related: Crocs for Dogs Comes to the Rescue
Steps to Make Your Cat Fat or Thin as Required
In cats or as well as humans, it is not an easy task to reduce weight. Still, there are some steps that you can follow to maintain a healthy weight for your pets like cats. Try to visit the veterinarian and ask him if it is necessary to work on reducing your pet’s weight. If he says yes, then try to follow the below tips.
- You can ask your veterinarian about the weight management diet chart for your cat. It will surely help you in decreasing your weight.
- You can examine the meals and the calories that you are putting up daily for your pet. Try not to exceed the calorie and stick to portioned meals.
- You need to put some effort into encouraging your pet to exercise. Like you can make them busy playing with toys or balls. In this manner, they will be entertained as well as do some activities which will help in reducing their weight.
What Steps to Take When you Face Challenges Like – “Your Cat is Underweight”
In such conditions, there might be a reason that your pet is suffering from any medical problem. Your veterinary doctor can help you with this and tell you the respective reason.
1. You can increase the food and its calorie to enhance the pet’s weight.
2. If you have a query and wish to know “how heavy should my cat be,” then the pet doctor can guide you with the weight management diet chart and help you out in such circumstances.
What Should be the Average Weight of 1 Year Old Cat In Kg?
1. The average weight of a 1-year-old cat in kg is completely dependent upon the breed of pet.
2. If you wish to know about the average or ideal weight for domestic cats then it is around 10 pounds which is equal to 4-4.5 Kg.
3. The small breeds weights around 5 pounds which is equal to 2.2 Kg.
4. If you have a larger breed then there is a difference in weight than a smaller breed. The larger breed will weigh around 25 pounds which is equal to 11 Kg.
Do You Have a Male Cat and Wish to Know About the Average Male Cat Weight Kg?
For People who have male cats and are concerned about their average weight. The ideal weight can be around 25 pounds. Thus, the average male cat weight is 11 Kg.
The male cat’s weight is different from the female cats. The ideal and healthy weight of a female cat is around 8 pounds.
Nowadays, we can mix breeds in cats. Therefore, it is not easy to identify their ideal range of weight.
How Much Should a Cat Weigh at 1 Year?
1. The cat owners are concerned with queries like “average neutered male cat weight,” and “how much should a cat weigh in kg.”
2. The average neutered male cat weight is 11 to 15 pounds which is a healthy weight.
3. The female cats have a weight of between 8 to 12 pounds which is considered a healthy weight. If your cat is weighing around 15 pounds and it is a female cat then she is overweight.