Mukesh Dhirubai Ambani, the 12th richest person in the world is the chairman and Managing Director of Reliance Industries Ltd. (RIL). RIL is a Fortune Global 500 company. The company is India’s most valuable on account of market value. Mukesh Ambani’s house is one of the most hyped private residences in the world.
What is the Name of Mukesh Ambani’s House?
- Mukesh Ambani’s house is known as Antilia.
- The house is named after the mythical island of “Antillia”.
- The island was reputed to be a phantom island in the 15th century.
Where is Mukesh Ambani’s House Located?
- Mukesh Ambani’s House is located in South Mumbai on Altamount Road.
- This area is known as the mini-Beverly Hills of India where the price of land is as high as 800,000 INR.
How Much Did Mukesh Ambani’s House Cost to Build?
- Ranked as the second-most-expensive private residence after Buckingham Palace.
- Mukesh Ambani’s house construction cost was between US$1 and 2 billion to build.
- The construction began in 2006 and was completed in the year 2010.
- Built by two renowned US architect firms: Perkins and Will and Hirsch Bedner Associates.
- Two companies carried out the construction, an Australian construction company called Leighton Contractors and an Indian company called B.E. Billimoria & Company Ltd.
What are the measurements of Mukesh Ambani’s House?
- Antilia was built on 4,532-square-metre land.
- Mukesh Ambani’s House is 27 stories tall and the total height is over 173 meters.
- However, the high-ceiling glass tower makes the mansion as tall as a 60-story building.
What inspired the interior design of Mukesh Ambani’s House?
- The design of Mukesh Ambani’s House was inspired by the sun and lotus.
- The primary theme of the interiors is showcased with lotus and sun.
- Elegant materials like precious stones, mother-of-pearl, and marble were used in the construction.
- The house is designed for luxury and no two floors are the same.
Also Read: Bundelkhand Expressway Avail Complete Project Details : A Roadmap for Development
What are the Amenities that sets Mukesh Ambani’s House Apart from Other Expensive Houses?
- The mansion-like home features a total of 49 bedrooms.
- The top six floors are full-fledged private residential areas.
- Antilia boasts a large and gorgeous hanging garden which sadly is closed to the public.
- The garden is beautifully manicured and is maintained by a fleet of caretakers.
- A variety of flowers and fruit trees enhance the beauty of the garden.
- The Ambanis’ do not like to wait for their elevators, well to be honest no one does.
- Mukesh Ambani’s house features nine high-speed elevators.
- Special Features
- Mukesh Ambani’s House has all the features and amenities similar to a 5-star hotel.
- The house features a spa, Jacuzzi, exercise center, and a 50-seat theatre.
- It also includes a ballroom, swimming pools, a spa, a health center, and a temple.
- Temperature Control Rooms
- Considering the hot and humid summers in Mumbai, it is hard to stay cool inside.
- To beat the heat, Mukesh Ambani’s House boasts a special snow room that spits out snowflakes from the wall.
- However, it is also necessary to get Vitamin D even for the Ambanis’.
- Hence Antilia’s walls were made with materials that allow a lot of sunlight in the house.
- Parking Facilities
- With regards to parking, a garage comprising of 6 floors has been constructed.
- The garage can park up to 160 cars which surely enables the Ambanis’ to turn their party mode on.
- On the 7th floor, a car service station is also available.
- With the amount of travel, Ambanis’ have to do on account of their day-to-day business needs, it is quite understandable to feel the need for a private helipad.
- However, Mukesh Ambani’s house features not one not two but a total of 3 helipads.
- The helipads also provide a beautiful view of the Arabian ocean at the horizon of Mumbai city.
- Earthquake Resistant
- Mukesh Ambani’s House has been designed to withstand a magnitude of 8 earthquake.
Controversies Surrounding Mukesh Ambani’s House
Given the hype around Antilia, it is quite usual for the house to be surrounded by a couple of controversies. Below are some of the hurdles the house faced:
- The plot on which Mukesh Ambani’s house was built housed an orphanage before Antilia.
- A stay order was issued on the sale of the land due to objection by the Waqf board which was the owner of the land.
- However, the stay was lifted as the Waqf board withdrew its objection.
- Ratan Tata, former chairman of Tata Group, termed Antilia an example of rich Indian’s lack of empathy for the poor.
- Mukesh Ambani’s family did not immediately move into the house after the housewarming ceremony and people speculated that it was due to some Vaastu defects in the property.
Also Read: Meggie Kempner Biography
Are there any other Houses apart from Mukesh Ambani’s House of the Ambani Family?
- Apart from Mukesh Ambani’s house Antilia in Mumbai, they have a historic estate called Stoke Park located about 40 km outside of London.
- Stoke Park boasts a total parkland area of 300 acres.
- They also have a 10-bedroom Palm Jumeirah villa in Dubai.
- However, time and again the Ambanis’ have made it clear that Antilia is their primary residence.