The Ministry of Education has published guidelines indicating that in order to get admission to well-known colleges such as JNU, Delhi University, Banaras Hindu University, and the University of Allahabad, candidates must pass the CUET entrance exam. Many central institutions admitted students based on their class 12 board test results till 2021, resulting in high cut-offs.
To address this issue, the National Testing Agency has been tasked with administering the CUET Admissions exam and preparing a merit list based on the results. The weightage of class 12 marks will be reduced as a result of the CUET entrance exam, and a fair and consistent evaluation process will be used to give admission to students.
Let’s discuss all important details regarding CUET 2022 exam from the application process and eligibility criteria to the exam pattern in detail for better understanding.
Students who want to take the exam can go to the CUET website and fill out the application form. Students should register and continue with the application procedure by clicking on the CUET 2022 registration link. To finish the procedure, students must upload the required documents and click the submit button.
A class 10 mark sheet, a class 12 mark sheet, a passport size photograph, and an Aadhaar card as address proof are among the required documents. Students should print a copy of the application form for future reference. The application fee is Rs 650 for general candidates and Rs 550 for students from the SC/ST/Physically Handicapped categories.
To prevent disruption and confusion, later on, students are advised to go over the criteria for the CUET entrance exam.
- Students must have passed their class 12 board exam from the West Bengal, ICSE, or CBSE systems in order to take the Common University Entrance Exam for UG admissions.
- Criteria for Postgraduate Programs: Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree in any field from an accredited undergraduate institution in order to sit for the CUET entrance exam for postgraduate admissions.
- The CUET entrance exam is open to students who are regarded as Indian citizens. The CUET entrance exam is not open to international students.
- For admission to college UG programmes, students in the general category must receive at least 50 per cent on their class 12 board exam in order to apply for the CUET exam. Depending on the requirements of the UG courses, candidates must be knowledgeable in a variety of areas, including physics, mathematics, chemistry, and biology.
- To be eligible to take the CUET entrance exam, general category PG applicants must have earned at least a 55 per cent grade in their respective UG programmes. For students in the SC/ST category, the eligibility requirement is a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 50%. Students who wish to pursue a master’s degree in that discipline must first hold a bachelor’s degree in that field.
Section IA, Section IB, Section II, and Section III make up the CUET entrance test question paper for admission to UG programs. Candidates must choose one language from each of Sections IA and IB, which contain 13 and 19 languages, respectively. Candidates must choose any six of the 27 domain-specific subjects in Section II based on the requirements of the UG course.
Section III contains a general test. Candidates must be well-versed in current events, logical and analytical reasoning, and quantitative reasoning. This section is not required to attempt. Depending on the course requirements, a candidate may attempt this section.
The CUET(CUCET) 2022 syllabus is identical to the Class 12 syllabus. As a result, students who have prepared for and taken the Board exams or other national-level competitive entrance exams such as JEE Main or NEET would find it easy to complete and understand the CUET 2022 syllabus. However, the CUET syllabus may little differ from other UG and PG entrance exams like how the REET syllabus differs from other TET exams.